Apprenticeship support for businesses
Apprenticeships are so important to businesses and young people. Working in partnership with the Apprenticeship Ambassador Network, Doncaster Opportunity Area and Doncaster Council, we as a Chamber are keen to increase the number of high quality apprenticeship opportunities here in Doncaster and raise awareness of the fantastic opportunities available to the next generation.
High quality work placements and apprenticeships provide a fantastic vehicle for businesses to develop better skills, a pipeline of young talent, close the skills gap and grow their own workforce. Whilst the appetite from Doncaster businesses to take on apprentices remains strong it is imperative that businesses are supported to create apprenticeships as a vehicle to turbo boost our economic recovery.
Apprenticeships contribute to business growth, with apprentices providing a fresh outlook, new skills and a dynamic approach.
As a young person, apprenticeships provide practical on-the-job experience, essential learning tools and all-important qualifications that will last a lifetime. They are a fantastic career pathway and a great opportunity to earn whilst you learn.
Our experienced Business and Education Advisers provide FREE apprenticeship support to all Doncaster businesses. Including:
- Training needs analysis and how apprenticeships can add value to your business
- Understanding of funding schemes, government initiatives and what’s available to you as an employer for taking on apprentices
- Apprenticeship recruitment advice and guidance
- Referral to local training providers and colleges that will meet your apprenticeship training needs
- Access to peer to peer apprenticeship networks, allowing you to share best practice of your apprenticeship schemes with other Doncaster Businesses
- Opportunity to become an Doncaster Apprenticeship Ambassador, through the governments Apprenticeship Ambassador Network
- The opportunity to promote your apprenticeship schemes to schools and colleges throughout the borough, and engage with your future workforce through our education arm Opportunities Doncaster
If you are interested in taking on an apprentice please complete the form on the right, and a member of our team will contact you to discuss your requirements further.
- How apprenticeships support your organisation
- Apprenticeship recruitment: support tools for employers and training organisations
- Recruit an Apprentice
- Apprenticeship funding
- How to register and use the apprenticeship service as an employer
- Employer Guide to resuming apprenticeships post Covid19
- Pay Apprenticeship Levy
- Doncaster Promise