Doncaster Chamber of Commerce recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
- promoting the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation;
- seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old and working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment pathway for Service Leavers;
- striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners;
- endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment;
- seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible;
- promote careers in the armed forces to young people through our education arm Opportunities Doncaster;
- provide the opportunity for armed forces to exhibit at Opportunities Doncaster LIVE and get involved in school engagement activities;
- Promote the employment of ex-services personnel to the Chamber’s membership base, and
- The Chamber's EDI Group will hold us to account on our commitments under the covenant.
Download a copy of our commitment.
More information for businesses and organisations signing an Armed Forces Covenant can be found on the Armed Forces Covenant website.