- A UK resident
- 19+ (on the 31 August 2020)
- Not registered on any Apprenticeship programme
If yes, contact us to check if you are eligible to study this course for FREE.
Level 2 Awareness of Mental Health Problems overview
Are you looking for mental health training? UK employers, particularly in the health and social care sector, are increasingly interested in their staff having a sound understanding of a range of mental health problems.
Mental health presents one of the greatest challenges to our society. With an estimated 450 million people worldwide suffering from a mental health problem, around a quarter of British adults will experience some form of mental health problem within the course of a year. While many elements of mental health are still not understood, having a good knowledge of the information that is available is essential in the care sector.
This qualification will raise your awareness of mental health and a range of mental health problems. You will gain an understanding of prevalent mental health problems and how you can then work with or interact with individuals with them.
Benefits of completing Level 2 Awareness of Mental Health Problems course
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Increase understanding of symptoms and management of stress, anxiety and phobias
- Further your personal and professional development
- Gain a clear understanding of mental health legislation
What you'll learn
- Understanding Mental Health Understanding Stress
- Understanding Anxiety
- Understanding Phobias
- Understanding Depression
- Understanding Post-Natal Depression
- Understanding Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Understanding Bipolar Disorder
- Understanding Schizophrenia
- Understanding Dementia
- Understanding Eating Disorders
- Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Understanding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
To start the course, please complete the form and a representative will be in touch with further instruction.