Download the follow-up lesson powerpoint presentation
Use the lesson plan below as a guide to deliver the presentation:
- Recap the assembly and ask pupils to recall key information.
- Encourage pupils to explore and match the job descriptions on page three of the follow-up lesson PowerPoint resource, either on the board or as a printed resource. Review the answers.
- Ask pupils to consider how adults make decisions about their jobs. Answers can be written on whiteboards or verbal. Use their thoughts to encourage class discussion. Examples: pursued an interest, listened to careers advice from school staff and adults when they were younger.
- Pupils to watch the first video link and make notes on mini-whiteboards about how the Alumni figures chose their jobs. Pupils to share these notes in class discussion
Additional school-wide activities
- Pupils come to school dressed as their ‘future self’ in the job they imagine themselves doing in the future.
- Share your own career journey so far with students, perhaps highlighting a change in career/sector or part-time employment at a younger age.
- Set up a Careers Club at lunchtime throughout Doncaster Careers Week for pupils to watch the video resources on the Opportunities Doncaster website.
Production Manager - Next Furniture Manufacturing
Industry: Manufacturing and Engineering
Industry: Manufacturing and Engineering, Education, Retail, Rail, Health and Social Care, Accountancy, Small and Medium Enterprise, Sports and Leisure, Non-profit, Warehousing and Logistics, Creative
Do you have any questions, comments or suggestions?
Contact Danielle Timms
Alone, we can do so little; together we can do so much
- Helen keller