Recover planning template set up to support business
Business Doncaster and Visit Doncaster have produced a template to support businesses during the #COVID19 recovery phase.
If your visitor attraction or venue is looking to reopen soon take a look at these useful tips:
- Introduce your venue and provide some background from when you last communicated with your visitors. What plans did you have for 2020?
- Be personal in your approach and remember the statement is aimed at customers – not the company Board.
- Make reference to the pandemic, not just the impact to you and your business but on a national and international level.
- Venue re-opening plans. What are you doing to ensure the area is appropriate to welcome visitors back; how will you restrict entries, will people be on the ground to remind visitors once they are within the venue.
- What timeframes are you working to? Although it requires the government to confirm the opening dates – currently 15th June for non-essential retail and 4th July for leisure – that doesn’t mean your business will be ready then. It is more important to ensure your visitors know you won’t be opening until you are ready.
- What do you expect customers to do? Book online, bring sanitiser, bring their own food? What about customer toilets?
- What will inside the venue look like, will there be service restrictions? Will there be a one way system, will you introduce time slots to visit for a maximum time? Will some features be closed? How often will the venue be cleaned, what additional measures have you introduced to ensure cleanliness?
- How can customers help you? Can they sign up for membership or a newsletter to find out more? Can they buy a gift card to visit at a later time? Can they donate to your organisation?
- Can you ensure customers are well looked after – based on Visit Britain advice we are not using the word ‘safe’ as there is only so much provision that can be taken and ultimately it requires the responsible actions of the public at all times.
- Do you have any online activities that customers can get involved in whilst the venue re-opens? Promote social media channels and how customers can get in touch – verification of particular situations will make all the difference.
- Consider how often you update this statement even if it is just on the website, confidence is key to ensuring visitors will return.
- Sign off your statement from the Chief Exec or most senior representative – visitors need to see that this is of the highest importance.