Funding for innovative projects to make a meaningful impact on the environmentJanuary 07, 2020The Ecosurety Investment Fund is investing £1 million in projects that aim to reduce the environmental impact of packaging, batteries and WEEE (waste electrical and electronic equipment).
Spread across three years and offering individual grants of up to £150,000, the fund is open to UK registered companies, charities, not-for-profits and academic institutions.
To be eligible, projects must:
- Reduce the environmental impact of packaging, batteries or WEEE (waste electrical and electronic equipment) through innovation or research.
- There is particular interest in ideas that could go on to have a bigger impact beyond the funded project and the proposed idea could reduce the environmental impact across any part of the life cycle - from design, production, use or collection through to reduction, reuse or recycling.
- Innovation could include an innovative awareness campaign, technology, initiative, process, trial or material, for example.
- Research could include academic or industry research into improving existing systems, processes, infrastructure, technology, consumer behaviour or material use, for example.
- Have a measurable impact. Applicants must be able to measure and report on the impact of their project.
- Be completed within 12 months of receiving the funding. Funds will be released in May 2020 and the project should be completed by May 2021.
- Be unique. There is particular interest in new ideas and approaches that can help solve existing problems.
- Be UK based. Those leading the project and the project itself must be based in the UK.
The deadline for applications is 11:59pm on Tuesday, 10th March, 2020.
To find out more visit https://www.ecosurety.com/impact/exploration-fund
Did you know? Members can submit their own news and events to be posted on our website. Log in to get started