Discretionary Grants Fund opens for application *Updated information*
The application process to provide extended financial support for targeted businesses has been opened in Doncaster.
Doncaster Council has been guided by the criteria provided by government to set up a user-friendly application system.
The application process will ensure it is straightforward and one that will enable the Council to efficiently process applications and pay the funds to successful applicants quickly.
Doncaster Council is now urging small businesses to apply for the grant, clearly demonstrating evidence of the following:
- Small business in shared offices or other flexible workspaces, such as units in industrial parks, science parks and incubators which do not have their own business rates assessment
- Regular market trader with fixed building costs, such as rent, who do not have their own business rates assessment
- Bed and Breakfasts which pay council tax instead of business rates
- Charity properties in receipt of charitable business rates relief which would otherwise have been eligible for Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Rate Relief
- Demonstrate that the business has suffered a significant fall in income due to the COVID-19 crisis
- Occupying property, or part of a property, with a rateable value or annual rent or annual mortgage payments below £51,000.
- Have fewer than 50 employees
- Trading on or before 11 March 2020
Please note; businesses that are eligible for cash grants from any other central government COVID-19 related scheme (apart from Self Employed Income Support Scheme - SEISS) are ineligible for funding from the Discretionary Grants Fund.
As much as the Council would like to be able to offer financial support to every business throughout the borough, the funding is very limited, so they will be prioritising sectors and businesses following the government guidelines and the criteria above.
For further information and to apply for the funding please visit https://www.doncaster.gov.uk/services/business-investment/covid-19-business-grants