Active Fusion are currently recruiting for apprentices looking to progress into a career in coaching or teaching Physical Education.
Why be an apprentice?
- “Half of employers said they would prefer to see experience from a relevant apprenticeship or previous position on a candidate’s CV, compared to only 24% who would prefer a relevant degree.” – The Association of Accounting Technicians
- You aspire to be a teacher, teaching assistant, sports coach, sports development officer, or work in the leisure and health industry.
- Use this course as a springboard into further or higher education.
- Take a gap year and earn while you learn.
- Gain vital experience, develop your skills and get paid.
What will I be doing?
- Assist in the delivery of PE lessons and extra-curricular clubs.
- Support with school teams at competitions, trips and residentials.
- Help children learn across other subjects
- Mentor groups of more able/less able children
- Young Person aged 16+
- Level 1 English and Maths (GCSE/functional skills)
- Commit to the programme for 13 months.
You will gain a Level 2 Apprenticeship, Level 3 Higher Sports Leaders Award (UCAS points), as well as a range of National Governing Body qualifications.
Apprentices will be employed at the national minimum wage for apprentices.
Successful candidates will be based in a school or community sport setting four days per week and released for tutor training with Active Fusion one day per week.
On completion of the course they will be able to move into more senior roles within the sector – leading teams of people or specialising with certain communities, sports or programmes. They may be employed by their school or progress into higher education.
Active Fusion has a strong track record of appointing graduate apprentices.
How do I apply?
Please contact email@example.com to register your interest with a completed the enquiry form. You can download an enquiry form from our website and return it to the above email.
If you wish to discuss this apprenticeship programme further please contact the team on 01302 637276.
Closing date: Monday 1st June 2020
Shortlisting: Week commencing Monday 8th June 2020
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 15th June 2020 – Friday 3rd July 2020
All successful candidates will need to be available to start work on Monday 17th August 2020.