Accessing and Succeeding in the Supply Chain MarketName: Accessing and Succeeding in the Supply Chain MarketDate: March 25, 2020Time: 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM GMTEvent Description:Is the event for me?
This event is aimed at Supply Chain Managers, Procurement & Purchasing Managers, Business Development professionals and anyone whose role involves buying, selling, or delivering goods and services to other businesses. It’s not simply about logistics and distribution!
Why should I attend?
The workshop will help you gain a better understanding of supply chain practice, how to better recognise supply chain opportunities, and how to break into the supply chain of larger contractors. Core learning content will cover the following themes:
- What actually is a supply chain - challenging conventional definitions;
- Context of the Northern Powerhouse Supply Chain Mapping Exercise;
- Cluster context of supply chains in Doncaster and the SCR;
- How to identify and convert supply chain opportunities;
- Common barriers to market entry and how to overcome them;
- Qualities which top tier contractors look for in model suppliers;
- Supply chain involvement in publicly contracted goods and services;
- What to expect from top-tier contractors – behaviours and standards;
- Driving efficiency and innovation within the supply chain.
The workshop will be delivered by Jim Carley, Managing Director of Carley Consult. Jim’s achievements have included leading the original development of The Merlin Standard on behalf of the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP). Merlin is an accreditation which specifically assesses the supply chain behaviours of DWP’s prime contractors of major employment programmes towards their subcontracted partners. Jim’s business has supported dozens of other clients in developing supply chain networks to help them win publicly funded contracts, as well as auditing the compliance of government contractors against subcontracting funding rules.
Doncaster Chamber Event Terms and Conditions
All event bookings must be paid in full prior to attending, if the full amount is not paid then you could be refused entry. If there is a significant reason as to why payment cannot be made prior to an event you must contact the Events or Finance department immediately.
All events are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Doncaster Chamber reserves the right to cancel any event without notice and without reason, therefore any monies paid will be refunded in full.
Please be advised that whilst the Doncaster Chamber may advertise events run by its members & partners, the Chamber has no responsibility or involvement in any other aspect of these events, this includes: event bookings and payments.