Ensuring Quality of Careers Activities
At Opportunities Doncaster, we specialise in bringing Business and Education together, and we are supporting schools to provide students with interactive, inspiring and informative careers experiences. We’re passionate in what we do and we want to ensure that what we do is done by Doncaster, for Doncaster.
All of our activities are supported by local businesses that have a vested interest in your learners, their future workforce, and helping us make them aware of the fantastic career opportunities in the borough. It is important to us that our careers activities are high quality and meaningful to students, and with this in mind we have purposefully designed the content of our programmes to follow the 4 steps set out in the Careers and Enterprise Company’s ‘Making it Meaningful’ framework. This framework forms the basis of how we will work with you as the school’s Career Leader.
How we work with you
We will arrange a consultation and work with you as the schools Careers Leader to tailor and bespoke each package of activities to:
- Link in with your school improvement plan, broader careers strategy and the work you’re undertaking with your Enterprise Coordinator
- Meet the specific needs and interests of your students
- Link with curriculum objectives where possible
- Reflect the local and national labour market trends and insights
- Ensure career learning is progressive and builds upon past experiences
We will provide the following support to ensure that your students can maximise their learning experience:
- Relevant materials to inform and prepare the students for the careers activity in advance.
- A briefing for employer volunteers which ensures they are prepared and aware of the intended outcomes of the activity.
- Logistical support on the day of the activity
We encourage reflective practice following all careers activities by:
- Providing relevant materials to aid reflection
- Support you to plan time to allow students to reflect
- Organising a debrief meeting with yourself as the Career Leader if appropriate
We will work with you to build in next-steps by:
- Completing any follow up questions or actions with employer volunteers where possible
- Supporting you to evaluate the impact of activities to inform future activity
- Ensuring future plans or activities are progressive and build on this experience
Find out more at our Menu of Services page.