Your Chamber Services & Benefits
Doncaster Promise Engagement and Support
In 2019, Opportunities Doncaster co-created The Doncaster Promise with Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council to confirm a commitment between educators and employees. The Doncaster Promise is an agreement between business and education to support the borough’s aim of building a growing, productive and inclusive local economy. The Promise has 5 key objectives:
- Labour and productivity
- Meaningful encounters
- Curriculum for life
- High quality all age careers education, information, advice and guidance
- Facilitative public sector
As a signee of The Doncaster Promise your business is committing to supporting schools, colleges and young people.
Your business receives support for:
- working with the education sector,
- a more diverse workforce (which includes becoming ‘SEND employee ready’),
- support to develop career progression pathways for your employees (including advice on starting an apprenticeship scheme),
- access to local labour market information,
- support through the Advance Programme (to develop mature students, graduates and lifelong learners) and you ‘will be recognised, promoted and celebrated as a business committed to bettering the prospects of young people in Doncaster.
To find out more and to get involved with the Doncaster visit: www.opportunitiesdoncaster.co.uk/doncaster-promise/