Become a Disability
Disability Confident is a scheme that is designed to help you recruit and retain disabled people and people with health conditions for their skills and talent.
Opportunities Doncaster is passionate about helping employers, teachers and parents work together to support young people with special educational needs and disabilities to achieve their career goals.
We want every young person in Doncaster to feel inspired and prepared for the world of work. For children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), finding a job poses unique demands and challenges. Research shows that the majority of young people with SEND are capable of getting paid employment, with the right preparation and support.
Why should you become Disability Confident?
- Draw from the widest possible pool of talent.
- Helps you to secure high quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working.
- Saves you time and money on the costs of recruitment and training by reducing staff turnover.
- Helps you to keep valuable skills and experience.
- Reduces the levels and costs of sickness absences.
- Improves employee morale and commitment by demonstrating that you treat all employees fairly.
- You'll be helping to positively change attitudes, behaviours and cultures, not just in your immediate business but in your networks, supply chains, and the communities around you.