News & Events
Coronavirus advice for businesses
As the Coronavirus continues to impact the operations of businesses, learn more about the steps that you can implement to minimise impact on local communities and support the UK government's strategy.
This information is based on official guidance from the UK government and will be amended as and when we receive updated information.
Update: 26 November
South Yorkshire to be under Tier 3/Very High Alert from Wednesday 2 December
From Wednesday, 2 December, the following businesses and venues can open:
- essential and non-essential retail, including indoor and outdoor markets and car boot sales.
- hospitality settings, such as bars (including shisha venues), pubs, cafes and restaurants for takeaway, click-and-collect, drive-through or delivery services.
- certain leisure and sporting facilities such as gyms, sports courts and facilities, leisure centres, fitness and dance studios, golf courses, swimming pools, riding centres, outdoor playgrounds – subject to relevant social contact rules in each tier. Indoor group activities and classes are not permitted.
- personal care and close contact services such as hairdressers and barbers, beauty salons, tattoo parlours, nail salons, spas and beauty services, massage parlours and tanning salons.
- public buildings, such as libraries, community centres and halls. They should not host events for private hire, such as birthday parties or most other social activities in tier 3.
Read GOV.UK's guidance on local restriction tiers »
Read GOV.UK's guidance on making your workplace Covid-secure »
Stay informed with the latest news
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter.