A new way to boost the leadership of small businesses.
The ‘Doncaster Leadership & Entrepreneurship Academy’ is a leadership and management development programme designed specifically to address the needs of Doncaster’s small businesses and to help local firms grow.
We’re bringing together Doncaster’s leading providers of business support; Doncaster Council, Doncaster Chamber, Beta Technology, Doncaster CVS and The Consultancy Academy to work with the UK Commission for Employment and Skills (UKCES). The programme is a ‘best of all worlds’ model based on decades of collective learning and experience.
We take academic theory and make it relevant to your business, helping you identify strategies for sustainable growth. The project encourages peer-to-peer learning and support by bringing together individuals from a range of sectors. You can share your experiences, aspirations and concerns. Additionally, much of the learning will take place within the premises of some of Doncaster’s flagship larger firms allowing an opportunity for you to network and learn from their best practice.
Whatever challenges your business is facing, this programme will enable you to identify the issues you need to address and to tackle them effectively.
The benefits to you:
• Develop yourself as an entrepreneur and a leader
• Develop competencies in critical thinking, leadership and change management
• Create a personal toolkit to help structure your future thinking
• Time to step back from the business and with expert guidance make a change in behaviour
The benefits to your business:
• Objective evaluation and analysis from a team of proven entrepreneurs and experienced experts
• Hands-on, practical advice and support to address your specific needs
• Practical guidance on how to effectively implement changes to achieve growth
• You will create a measureable plan to implement
Why is this programme for you?
• You are an SME business owner, manager or entrepreneur who wants to drive change and make decisions
• You want to develop your leadership and strategic management skills
• You want to share experiences with experts
Why is this course different?
• Because it’s delivered by proven practitioners with experience of business ownership
The programme structure:
Training is based on a group consultation process, rather than on traditional ways of learning and will take place over a 4 month period, with one module delivered per month, as follows;
Day 1: Critically analysing your own organisation, the market it does or can operate in, and analysing yourself to assess how well placed you are.
Day 2: Looking at what your market place needs today and is likely to need in the future and assessing how well placed you are to meet these needs and what gaps need filling.
Day 3: Understanding the key ingredients of “leadership” skills and techniques to improve the chances of success for any changes or interventions that you need to make
Day 4: Bringing the first three sessions together to formulate a meaningful, quantified and measured plan, which will be tested and challenged in a “safe environment”
The market value for the programme is £5000 which is fully funded by the UK Commission for Employment and Skills. Eligible Doncaster businesses will be able to participate at no cost as the course is 100% subsidised.
Places are limited, to book or ask about availability please contact either;
Jemma Richardson at Doncaster Chamber email@example.com Tel: 01302 640130
To leave a comment, please log in.