VACANCY: ENTERPRISE COORDINATOR
• Starting Salary £21,000 pa (depending on experience)
• 25 days holiday per annum which increases with service
• Chamber Westfield Health Scheme (Level 1 contributions)*
• Pension scheme*
The Enterprise Coordinator will be employed by Doncaster Chamber and play a pivotal role in The Careers & Enterprise Company’s national programme striving to motivate, inspire and support young people in making informed choices about their future and help them achieve against those choices. Funding for this project is until August 2020.
To succeed the Enterprise Coordinator will form local partnerships early years providers, schools, colleges, universities, businesses, charities and local authorities to ensure all children have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
The main duties and responsibilities are:-
1. Build effective relationships with local schools and colleges. Understand their needs to ensure the programme has impact and addresses those needs. Engage them in the programme.
2. Establish, equip and support a high-profile and high-performing Enterprise Adviser network matched to local schools and colleges:
a. Work with LEP leadership and local employers, the self-employed and employer groups to recruit and establish the Enterprise Adviser network;
b. Introduce and match those Enterprise Advisers to local schools and colleges;
c. Equip the Enterprise Advisers with the resources and contacts that they need to fulfil the role and help them make the best use of the opportunities available;
d. Ensure the experience is managed to a consistently high standard across the cluster;
3. Understand the business and provider offers for schools and colleges in the area and make this knowledge available to Enterprise Advisers and schools and colleges
4. Work closely with organisations funded through The Careers & Enterprise Company’s investment fund.
5. Stimulate even more activity from local employers and the self-employed by engaging effectively and tenaciously with local employers and employer groups (e.g., Chambers, CBI, FSB, IoD)
6. Harness energy, input and support from all senior employment and education leaders in the area, including:
• LEP chair, Chief Executive, Employability and Skills Board;
• Educational leaders (head teachers, college principals, academy chains;
• Employers, the self-employed and employer groups (e.g., Chambers, CBI, FSB, IoD); and
• Leading providers (e.g., NCS, BITC, EBPs).
7. Localise and tailor The Careers & Enterprise Company toolkit, based on knowledge of local context; share best practice and case examples back to The Careers & Enterprise Company
8. Rigorously collect data and track impact working closely with The Careers & Enterprise Company
9. Optimise the performance of the cluster:
a. Set a culture of excellence
b. Closely review whether the activities being provided in schools and colleges are meeting the needs of young people, schools and local economic needs and if not, identify ways to improve that activity;
c. Promote and share leading practice across the cluster of schools and colleges
d. Formally evaluate and report progress to the LEP Employability and Skills Board, your local Programme Board, and The Careers & Enterprise Company.
10. Raise the profile of the programme locally through all available channels e.g. through interaction with local press and MP.
11. Ensure effective and broad-based governance of the programme across a range of stakeholders.
12. Be willing to use own car for business use (fuel will be reimbursed)
If your skills and experience match our advert above and Person Specification please apply for this vacancy by emailing your CV and reason for applying, together with your current salary and benefits package to Mrs Caroline Bond, Business & Education Adviser (HR) email@example.com (closing date : Friday 3rd November 2017).
*after successful completion of probation
VACANCY: BUSINESS & EDUCATION APPRENTICE
Due to an internal promotion the Chamber have a vacancy for a Business & Education Apprentice to join our busy team! The main duties of this role are to support the Chamber with a wide range of administrative and support activities to help facilitate the efficient operation of the organisation including:
• General clerical duties including data entry and preparing materials for delivery within schools
• Speaking to schools and businesses to organise Doncaster Skills Academy events
• Leading on social media for the Business & Education team
• Attend events and workshops where relevant
• Maintain various filing systems, documents, templates
If your skills and experience match our detailed job description/person specification please apply for this vacancy by emailing your CV and reason for applying to Mrs Caroline Bond, Business & Education Adviser (HR) firstname.lastname@example.org (closing date of 28 October 2017).
Keep up to date with any upcoming vacancies at Doncaster Chamber:
As well as being an accredited Chamber through the British Chambers of Commerce (BCC), we are proud to hold the following additional accreditations:
To leave a comment, please log in.